Have you identified that your company isn’t in compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act? If so, it is important to conduct a Health & Safety Gap Analysis, also known as a Safety Compliance Audit. Safety Audits are a tested and proven method to ensure that businesses have the right management systems and programs in place to reduce incidents and risk to their workers. A gap analysis is designed to promote safety and eliminate incidents in your business, leading to improved productivity and profitability. The gap analysis will provide CBHM the required information to develop your safe work procedures and understand your business operations.
Health & Safety Management Policy & Work Safe Procedures Include:
- Health & Safety policy
- Violence & Harassment policy
- Employer, worker and supervisor responsibilities
- Hazard reporting
- Injury/illness reporting
- Work refusals
- Workplace inspections – JHSC
- JHSC terms of reference
- Emergency response including severe weather, power outage, etc.
- Progressive disciplinary program
- Substance abuse policy & program (including cannabis)
- Health & Safety training documentations/forms
- Contractor policy
- Personal protective equipment
- Ladder safety
- First Aid policy
Health & Safety Gap Analysis Plan:
- Consultation with key personnel to discuss and review current policies and procedures, training records and documentation (if available).
- Conduct an extensive audit of facilities to become familiar with overall operations. This will provide a benchmark for where your organization is at currently, and where it needs to go to achieve compliance.
- A priority action plan will provide the results of the audit and recommendations.
- CBHM will send an outline of required documentation to have ready for the audit day.
- Based on the audit results, CBHM would develop the policies and procedures to be in compliance with the Ontario Health & Safety Act and standards.
- Once the final program is approved by the client, CBHM would electronically submit the management system to the client.