Do you require JHSC Refresher Training in Orillia? After completion of the Part One and Part Two certification, participants are required to take a 1 day JHSC Refresher training every 3 years to stay current with all updates pertaining to the JHSC programs.
JHSC Refresher Training Outline (6.5 hours):
- Key words in the act; regulations, standards, codes, guidelines, etc.
- Roles, duties and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Rights, duties and functions of the JHSC
- Right to refuse or stop work where health or safety in danger
- Reprisals from employers
- Notices and enforcement
- RACE – Recognition, Assessment, Controls, Controls, Evaluation
- Investigations and conducting successful interview
- Group work exercise
- Prevention resources
- Test, course evaluation and Q&A
What if I’m Certified Under the Old Standards?
If someone takes the Part 1 under the old standard, they do not have to take Part 2 within 6 months because that is a requirement under the new standard. In essence, the Part 1 doesn’t expire so they can take the Part 2 at any time. Once you take the Part 2 under the new standard, you will now be in the new process of taking the JHSC Refresher course every 3 years. If you took both the Part 1 and Part 2 under the old standards, then you don’t have to take the refresher program every 3 years.