The Bloodborne Pathogens Training is designed to provide a basic understanding of blood borne pathogens, common modes of their transmission, methods of prevention, and other pertinent information.
Bloodborne Pathogens Training Theory & Practical Outline (2 Hours):
- What are bloodborne pathogens
- Understanding the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- 4 types of biological hazards
- Disease transmission
- Universal precautions
- Understanding your risk
- Recommendations by Public Health Agency of Canada
- Engineering controls and work practices (includes for medical personnel)
- Personal protective equipment
- Procedures for clean up
- Hand washing protocol
- Glove removal exercise
What Are Bloodborne Pathogens?
Bloodborne Pathogens are micro organisms that are present in blood, tissue, blood products, and other potential infectious materials that can cause disease in humans.